The current sources of Silver Alert information are as follows:
- British Columbia RCMP Missing Persons
- Vancouver Police Department media releases
- Port Moody Police Department
- New Westminster Police Department Media Releases
- West Vancouver Breaking Stories
- Delta Police Media Releases
- Victoria Police
The above sources were chosen because the jurisdictional police are the agency that handles missing persons in Canada. The information posted on their web sites has been deemed to be of importance, and has been cleared for public release. It has also met the tests for releasing identifying information about a missing person in order to ensure that person’s safety.
More sources will be added as time and technology allows.
The BC Silver Alert filters and syndicates the information posted by the police in order to determine whether the individual meets the criteria for a Silver Alert.